- Student work experiences. Co-ops, internships, and job shadowing are great ways to support pipeline development at your organization. Students gain valuable workplace experience and skills while you gain early access to potential employees and train students in your company culture. Both you and the students evaluate job fit and the student benefits from career clarity.
- Recruiting. Are you interested in gaining access to our students? We can work together to coordinate a campus visit or share your information and job opportunities directly with students as well as through coordination with the MSU Career Center. We can coordinate visits with student groups and organizations.
- Sponsorships. With your support, we can enhance the ISE department by achieving excellence in the classroom and laboratory by attracting and retaining top-caliber students and faculty. You can help by sponsoring programs that are not supported through state appropriations and therefore, are not possible without your help:
- scholarships and fellowships,
- funding access to state-of-the-art technology through equipment purchases,
- support for student leadership groups, and
- endowed professorships.
You can also contact Kari Babski-Reeves (662.325.8430; email@example.com) or Bennett Evans, Director of Development (662.325.0386; firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about other ways to support the department.
- Research Collaborations. We employ faculty expertise and student researchers who work with industry and government partners to better understand and solve real world problems. We welcome opportunities to collaborate to explore how to solve existing and future problems.
- In class presentations and opportunities. We welcome you to the classroom to share your expertise and insight. Past examples include senior design judging and guest lecturing in ISE courses. We can work together to identify a course in our curriculum in which you can provide students with real world learnings and experiences.
- Career Fairs: Mississippi State offers two Technical Career Fairs, one each Fall and Spring, that serve as great opportunities to hire our students. Visit the Career Center website, http://www.career.msstate.edu/employers/information/careerdays.php, for more details or contact Charlie Wilder, email@example.com, 662.325.3344.
Again, we are happy to assist with planning and advising you on various partnering opportunities.